Sunday, December 1, 2013

Death and the other side

Well, I wish I had better news, but I don't. This is an update on that girl Alisha I had posted about a while ago. Well, she is no lo, nger here with us, but on to her next journey of life where ever that may be. Maybe it was for the best, since she would have had so much suffering here on earth with all of her burns. However.....she was never able to recover from the brain injury suffered from the smoke inhalation.
So Alisha, where ever you are....travel safe, and I will think of you at every music festival I attend and I will look up to the sky and smile at you!
I also lost my Auntie that past week, she had a great long life. She was my Dad's oldest sister and was 90 years old. She was a feisty, fun loving free spirit, who told some amazing stories to me over the years, stories of my family that I never knew or met, stories and dreams she had but never fulfilled. She was an amazing woman as well.
So as I continue on my earthly path here, I too will look to sky and think of her often as well, and think of what family means to me and how important it is to pass on the stories of our lives to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment