Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Motivation makes it happen.....

The key to a great workout is MUSIC...if you get the right play list on what ever device you use it makes workouts more tolerable and often more invigorating and satisfying.
This might all be true.....unless your me..and you ask your husband to put some good workout music on the MP3 player. Well let me give you a run down of how my walk/run went this morning....
It started off with a song called "Evacuate the Dance Floor"....good song....gets the pace going for the start of the walk, arms are pumping...I'm feeling really good....next song..."Blue" by Eiffel 65...this is a song from I think the 90's....no problem....gives me a small flashback and a smile on my face.....I press on in my walk....next...."Funhouse" by Pink....oh boy, I just LOVE her...anything by her gets me going...always such a great rhythm.....so there are a few more songs that come one that are of good beats so this pleases me...but then this..... "HIGH" by Afroman.....WOW....really...is my husband trying to imply that I would have to be high to be walking/running at this hour of the morning...or because even if I work a graveyard shift I still come home and get out there and walk/run lol...okay....I have a small smile on my face wondering what he was thinking with putting this song on here for me...after all...it's a rather slow pace...and really ridiculous lyrics lol....so there are a few more tecno songs that come on....and they get me back in the mood again...but then...BAM....super slow song...called "Hallelujah" (now this is one of my fav song, but NOT for workouts) so now I'm thinking....did he put this one on here as a message to me....like I should be saying this while running...like hallelujah my fat ass can keep going LOL...sheesh...I am at this point really wondering what's going on....and just when I really thought my husband was nuts....I get this "Hallelujah" by Matthias Reim....GERMAN TECHNO....WTF
Is this his way of trying to get me to learn German...cause after 6 years of being together all I know is my days of the week, how to ask where the bathroom is and a few colors.....well let me tell you...German techno is is no way something that I want to learn while running...in fact it is so freakin annoying yet hilarious to listen too...lol...have you ever listened to angry sounding German techno? Come on...give it a try..especially when your right in the middle of the most heart pounding, must...keep..going..part of the run LMAO. After that, I was pretty much done....I just pulled out the ear buds and finished up with a warm down walk and a head shake...wondering if my husband was at home laying bed giggling at the concoction he created for me. 
So yeah...today's lesson is....GO GET YOUR GERMAN TECHNO FUNK ON!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment