Sunday, November 18, 2012

Waiting for results.....

I was advised to go to the doctor and get my fasting glucose levels and cholesterol levels taken. Why? Why not...again...I think it was great advice really. I think it will benefit me to know where I stand and know that I have a place to measure from.
Since starting to eat as a vegetarian at the end of August, I have lost around 20 pounds....I don't know for sure, as I did not want to step on the scale as a measure, I just wanted to feel better. But in October I thought what the hell, so I did, and now I have some idea of where I am at.
I feel soooooooooooooooo much better though...lots of energy and an overall great sense of well being. I love walking and running as well, which helps this whole process.
I have decided to take the next step in to being Vegan. This has thrown my Mother into a tale spin, as I am going there for Christmas...so she has turned into a crazy person on the internet looking for recipes for making me a vegan Christmas dinner.
I told her I would make my own food, but I find it rather cute and funny that she is making an effort which is very nice. I am sure that she will be the only one willing to make this sacrifice for me as everyone else seems to freak out when I tell them I no longer eat meat, milk, cheese or eggs. So I have a feeling that I may be bringing all my own meals if we EVER get invited out again lol.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment